This article explains the Standortvermerk, which is German for “location note”. This term probably means nothing in English. However, in German, this term means one of the methods a foreign doctor can use to prove that he is interested in working in a particular German state. Hence, he can apply for a German Approbation there. The steps for applying for the Approbation are mentioned in the “10 steps” article.
The following article explains the other methods of proving interest:
The document with a Standortvermerk can enable foreign doctors to apply for Approbation before coming to German. The other documents required to apply for the Approbation are mentioned in the following article:
• From where can you get the Standortvermerk?
You can get it through the:
🇩🇪 Zentrale Servicestelle Berufsanerkennung (ZSBA)
🇺🇸 Service Center for Professional Recognition
According to the English version of their website:
The Service Center for Professional Recognition counsels skilled workers abroad and supports them in the recognition procedure.Source: Link
• How can you apply for a Standortvermerk?
You simply need to send the ZSBA an email asking for this document, and then they will help you with your application. It is that easy.
Their email address is: email@example.com
• Do you need to be in Germany to apply for a Standortvermerk?
• Is there a minimum German language level?
We are not sure, but someone had a successful application with a German B1-level certificate.
• What are the required documents?
According to some members in our main Facebook group , the ZSBA replies and ask for the following files to be sent via email:
- To fill out a certain form (they will send it to you)
- A tabular CV (we prepared a free German version for you)
- University certificate (🇩🇪 der Uniabschluss = das Universitätszertifikat)
- If available, work certificates/employee reference letters
- The proof of receipt (🇩🇪 Der Eingangsbescheid) (explained in our page with terms)
- Explanation of why you are choosing the state
Examples of the explanation
- You have relatives or friends there
- You have always dreamt about working in that state because it is famous for its hospitals
- Mention the advantages of this state and that this is why you want to apply there
Best thing is to write multiple reasons.
Sometimes, they will arrange a short video interview over Skype with you. It is in simple German, but if you did not understand anything, they will explain it to you in English.
• Which German states recognize the Standortvermerk?
Surely in North Rhine-Westphalia, Berlin, and Rhineland-Palatinate (🇩🇪 Rheinland-Pfalz), but probably too in some other Approbation authorities. Do you have any information?
Want to learn more? Questions?
Join JETZT (🇺🇸 now) all of our groups & ask what you like
(On mobile phone: The links are at the end of this page/ On PC: On the right side)