To be able to do the German medical language exam (🇩🇪 die Fachsprachenprüfung – FSP), you will have firstly to:
ِِِApply for the German permanent medical license (🇩🇪 die Approbation).
You can see the steps for applying for the Approbation in the following article: “🇩🇪 The ten steps to start a medical residency in Germany: easily explained 😍👨🎓👩🎓“
To apply for the Approbation in one of Germany’s 16 medical license authorities (🇩🇪 die Approbationsbehörden), you need firstly to:
Graduate from medical school
So, before graduating from medical school:
You can NOT take the Fachsprachenprüfung (FSP)
But this is not a big problem, because:
1. The exam is not easy and it takes many months of studying German in general and preparing for this exam in particular. Moreover, before taking the exam, it is recommended that you do a medical training (🇩🇪 eine Hospitation) in a German hospital or clinic.
– Article: “🇩🇪 How to learn German? For foreign doctors going to Germany“
– Article: “🇩🇪 Fachsprachenprüfung (FSP): How do I prepare myself?“
– Article: “🇩🇪 What is a Hospitation? (🇺🇸 medical training/obeservership)“
2. Usually, you will get an appointment for this exam within 2 to 6 months after applying. So, if you apply directly after graduation for the Approbation (see the steps here), you are going to be able to do this exam within a few months. But anyhow, you cannot work in Germany without first finishing your internship year (🇩🇪 das Praktische Jahr – PJ). To understand the importance of the internship year in Germany, you can read this article: “🇩🇪 For medical doctors: Is the internship year (🇩🇪 das Praktische Jahr – PJ) a must to be able to work in Germany? 100% yes! No exceptions!“
Want to learn more? Questions?
Join JETZT (🇺🇸 now) all of our groups & ask what you like
(On mobile phone: The links are at the end of this page/ On PC: On the right side)