|Stage||Duration (in years)||Notes|
|Language||• If you want to study in Ukrainian: 1 year to study the language|
• If you want to study in English: 1 year (some countries in the world do not required their students to do this langauge year)
• The Russian langauge is no longer allowed
|If you do not speak Ukrainian. One year is spent learning the language.|
|Medical school||6||There are 3 state exams (🇺🇦 Kroks): |
– After the first 3 years: Step 1 + English Terminology exam (this exam is only for those who study medicine NOT in English)
– After the 6th year: Step 2. After passing these exam, you will get your medical certificae but yet NO Ukrainian medical license.
Step 3 is after the first year of Internatura (comes next in the table)
|Internship year||This system does not exist in the Ukraine, you need to begin a specialty (Specialista)|
|It is called Internatur but it is not like an internship year in other countries in which you are a general doctor after that. In the Ukraine you must be a specilist in one specialty.|
Examples of the internatura deurations:
• 1 year: microbiology/anatomy
• 2 yeras: Internal medicine, neurology
• 3 years: general surgery, some surgical specialties, OBGYN
|Something similar to a residency, but you need to do another year after finishing it. The year is called: (see next row)|
(DE: Absolvieren einer 1 – 3-jährigen Internatur in einem Fachgebiet)
|1||After this one year, one is a specialist. You get a (Spezialist-Zertifikat)|
Zertifikat als „Arzt-Spezialist“ in einem Fachgebiet
The specialist degree from the Ukraine is recognized only as an internship year only ☹️, but at least, that the doctor has a Ukrainian medical license 🥳. If you came from the Ukraine as an intenral medicine specialist, you will need to repeat the residecny here. They will only recognize the one year of specialization (🇺🇦 Specialista).
BUT: If you returend to your home country and did an internship year, then the whole years after medical school in the Ukraine will be considere as experience and might shorten your residency period.
This article was written with help from the colleague Dr. Othman Abdel Wahhab. Vielen Dank 😊💐
Want to learn more? Questions?
Join JETZT (🇺🇸 now) all of our groups & ask what you like
(On mobile phone: The links are at the end of this page/ On PC: On the right side)