🇩🇪 Moving your application for the permanent medical license (🇩🇪 der Approbationsantrag) from one medical license authority to another

• Introduction

We are trying to collect more information about the topic. What we know until now is in this article.

If you have the slightest doubt about a certain point or do not understand any information, ask at any time in the main Facharzt JETZT group on Facebook and on Telegram. We remind you that this article is a guidance article to help you understand things and you should not rely solely on it. You should always return to the official websites. 😊

• The steps:

(1) Withdraw the first application

Write your current medical license authority (🇩🇪 die Approbationsbehörde):

A. Tell them that you are withdrawing your application
B. Ask them to kindly send your file to the new medical license authority.

Often, there is an official document on the website of the approbation authority, which you simply need to fill out, print out, and sign. The following is an example from the largest German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. The file is called in German: “Antragsrücknahme”:

Source: Link

(2) Apply in the new authority

Apply simultaneously in the new authority AND tell them that you have already applied in another medical authority, but already sent a request for the withdrawal of your application there.

Please note, to apply for Approbation in a German medical license authority, you cannot simply send your application. Firstly, you need a proof of intention.

(3) Re-submit Documents for the application

The first medical license authority will send all of your documents to the second authority. However, you “probably” need to re-submit the following documents:

A. From the website of the new authority, you need to download the files that need to be printed out, filled out, and signed. This is explained in the article about the required documents to apply for the Approbation under the point: “Documents from the websites of the medical authorities”.

B. Some documents need to be maximally 1 to 6 months old at the time of the application. You need to send them again:

(1) From outside Germany, a Police clearance certificate (🇩🇪 die Strafregisterauszüge)
(2) If applicable, a German police clearance certificate (🇩🇪 eine Straffreiheitsbescheinigung)
(3) Health certificate from Germany
(4) Letter of good standing from the medical association (eine Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung)

(all of these documents are explained in detail in the article mentioned above about the required documents)

• How long time does the transfer need?

You cannot get a general answer because there are 16 authorities and each one has its own rules, number of employees and working speed. But you should think for at least 2–3 months, taking into consideration that no surprises happened like the employee responsible for your file is on a long holiday or is on sick leave.

• Would the result of the Fachsprachenprüfung (FSP) (The Medical Language Exam) be recognized?

If you succeeded in the exam before transferring your application, the new Approbation authority will recognize it. We are though not sure if this is always the case, but most probably. Do you have any information regarding this point? Please make a comment below.

• Do you have additional information?

Please help others and write a small comment. 💐🙂🤝 There is little information on the internet about the topic.

Want to learn more? Questions?
Join JETZT (🇺🇸 now) all of our groups & ask what you like
(On mobile phone: The links are at the end of this page/ On PC: On the right side)

Write a comment